YOU SHOULD BE DANCING, YEAH!
Yahudy Diaz of the Boy Scouts of America/Greater New York-Bronx Council is organizing the 1st Annual Father Time Rocks Dance-A-Thon. Come out and support your local Boy Scouts of America unit! Ask a friend, family member or co-worker to sponsor you to dance five hours to every type of music there is to hear. Enjoy the day with food, prizes and lots of fun.
- DATE: November 18, 2006
- TIME: Noon-7:00 PM, Eastern Time
- DANCING: Will start at 1:00 PM, Sharp!
- WHERE: Roberto Clemente State Park in the Bronx.
- DRESS CODE: Every participant must wear SNEAKERS to dance!
- PARKING: Available for $5.00
- TRADITIONAL PLEDGE*: $5-$10 per hour, maximum 5 hours
- CHECKS: Made out to the Boy Scouts of America
- GET DIRECTIONS
- FOR MORE INFORMATION: Phone Yahudy Diaz at 212-651-2882 or email ydiaz AT bsa-gny DOT org
Come support this fun(d)raiser. The target is $4,000. Together, we can raise it - one step at a time!
INCREASE CANCER AWARENESS & KICK THE HABIT!
Frank McGhee, Media Relations Director for American Cancer Society prepped us for an important upcoming date. The 30th Annual American Cancer Society Great American Smokeout will be Thursday, November 18. Need a reason to quit smoking? Get inspired by others and join in online. Visit www.cancer.org/livefreesmokefree. Your health, your life - It's time to live free smoke free.
I want to hear how you did. Tell, Frank, the world and me on WVOX and wvox.com November 22 when I'll be hosting SCORE Radio and Lisa Tolliver Show back to back. Tune your radio to WVOX 1460 AM, hear and share at (01) 914-636-0110, or visit wvox.com at 11:30 AM -12:30 PM, Eastern Time.
Marianne Partridge, Program Director of the Westchester Volunteer Reserves-Medical Reserve Corps, shared WEVR-MRC Emergency Preparedness Tip # 14 - RECOGNIZING AND TREATING SHOCK.
Marianne also discussed the November 14 reception to honor participants in the Westchester RSVP (Retired and Senior Volunteer Program). The reception, sponsored by The United Way Volunteer Center, will be held at the Crowne Plaza in White Plains. I'll be hosting. Hope you can come. Get details.
- November 11 - Veterans Day
- November 14 - RSVP Reception at the Crowne Plaza in White Plains, NY
- November 18 - Boy Scouts of America 1st Annual Father Time Rocks Dance-A-Thon
- November 22 - I'll host two back-to-back shows on WVOX 1460 AM and www.wvox.com:
SCORE Radio: Counselors to America's Small Business (11:30 AM - noon, Eastern Time)
Lisa Tolliver Show (noon - 12:30 PM, Eastern Time)###