I'm researching a talk radio/podcast series (and possibly more!) addressing ways to raise two types of income, LEGALLY. Specifically, I'm seeking stories about how people snag...
- Cash in a flash when your back's against the wall and the wolf's at the door, and
- Easy-to-get gigs that pay steady, reliable, SUSTAINABLE income - the kind of jobs that tide you over until you land your dream gig or your ship comes in. (Anna Nicole would know what I'm talking about.)
The topic's nothing new but fresh suggestions are needed. There are eight million (and more) stories in the naked city. You surely know at least one.
What types of hourly jobs, moonlighting gigs or parallel careers do artists and entertainers, students and entrepreneurs do to fund their passions? How do job seekers who are harder to employ - such as those who are "overqualified," gray haire, ex-cons and returning-to-work people with gaping resume gaps make ends meet?
It's my goal to compile and share actionable advice, specific leads and success stories and share them with the world! Aunt Lisa wants YOU to help.
CAVEAT 1:Suggested gigs MUST be legal (UNLIKE selling s-e-x or illegal substances, stealing, scamming, extortion, kidnapping, killing-for-hire, engaging in green card marriages, smuggling, etc.). However, suggested gigs NEED NOT BE traditional, resume-material, or anything to write home about. In other words, it's OK to suggest manning a psychic (or Girl 6-like) hotline or bartending at a strip club.
Suggested gigs CANNOT be hazardous to one's health (UNLIKE selling body parts). However, suggested gigs CAN involve selling hair, eggs and s-p-e-r-m or participating in legitimate medical studies.
PLEASE DO NOT share WORK-AT-HOME SCAMS or MLM SUGGESTIONS!!!!!!!!!!
FOR EACH SUBMISSION, PLEASE:
Clearly distinguish between cash-in-a-flash solutions and sustainable-gigs. Also, please specify:
- Exactly (a) WHAT ONE MUST DO (b) to OFFER WHAT GOODS/SERVICES (c) to WHAT CLIENTELE (d) in WHAT VENUE (e) for WHAT EMPLOYER?
For example: (a) Wear a Santa suit and conduct customer intercept surveys (b) to gather consumer data (c) from male and female golfers and other patrons age 18 and older (d) at the 19th hole at Swinging Greens golf course in Yourtown, Yourstate (e) for In-Your-Business, Inc.
- HOW FAST can you GET THE GIG and START WORKING? The problem with many highly paid opportunities is the lead time between finding them, signing the dotted line, and reporting to work. On the other hand, some other gigs (like day labor) start right away.
- HOW MUCH does the opportunity pay?
- HOW FAST do you get your first paycheck?
- WHAT IS THE PAY SCHEDULE? Is your check (a) based on piecework, (b) time-based (hourly/daily/weekly/monthly), or (c) based on another scheme _____ (please specify)?
- WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION BASIS? What percentage each are: (a) commission, (b) bonus, (c) base pay, (d) tips, (e) percentage collected, (f) based on another scheme ______ (please specify)?
- WHAT ARE THE OTHER BENEFITS and PERQS?
- HOW STEADY AND RELIABLE is the work? (a) Is the opportunity seasonal, (b) event-based, or (c) based on some other schedme? _________ (please specify)
- HOW/WHERE/THROUGH WHOM DOES ONE SIGN UP? Can you apply (a) online, (b) in person, (c) other ______(please specify)? Must you be referred? (If so, by whom?)
- WHAT ARE THE BARRIERS TO ENTRY? Are there prerequisite credentials (specify), tests (specify), citizenship (specify), residency (specify), experience (specify type and number of years), looks, demographic characteristics, temperaments, age, etc?
- HOW CAN ONE HURDLE THE BARRIERS? For example: cover up body art.
Got suggestions? Please email them to: info AT 360meridian DOT com with LEGAL INCOME in the header, or fax them to: (01) 309-279-7528.