Steve, by the way, is starring in Welcome to Norway this Saturday, February 17 at 3:00 PM and invites one and all to come. The play, by writer-director Robin Anne Joseph, is being presented in Series F of the Riant Theater's Strawberry One-Act Festival.NYC. In the play, "a woman [played by Laura Maggie Kramer] discovers a powerful lesson about life's destinations and how to accept it." - source: the Riant Theater Website
Now, about the Valentine's Day Lisa Tolliver Show. The broadcast included:
- "Can't Hide Love" (from Earth, Wind & Fire's The Eternal Dance, Volume II)
- "Dedicated to the One I Love" (The Shirelles)
- "I Love My Daddy" (from Hubert Laws' track on the CD 101.9 Presents Columbia & Sony Jazz Collection CD) - which I dedicated to my late father
- "Love You to the Letter" (from Anita Bakers' Compositions CD)
- "On the Radio" (from Donna Summers' Endless Summer: Donna Summer's Greatest Hits CD)
- "I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter" (by Fred E. Ahlert and Joe Young and sung by many artists)
- "The Letter" (Box Tops)
- "Love Letters in the Sand" (written by J. Fred Coots, Nick Kenny and Charles Kenny and performed by various artists)
- "Please Mr. Postman" (Marvelettes)
- "Return to Sender" (Elvis Presley)
- "Sealed With a Kiss" (by Peter Udell and Gary Geld and recorded by various artists)
- "Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours" (Stevie Wonder)
- "Twistin' Postman" (Marvelettes)
- "Yesterday's Letter" (98 Degrees)
- "You Send Me" (Sam Cooke)
Love at the USPS...
- Love Stamps and other romantic trinkets at the USPS Store
- The Valentine's Day Re-Mailing Program at the USPS Post Office in Loveland, USA, which Crew's Nest Holidays reports:"creates a special and one-of-a-kind cancellation stamp every year in order to celebrate Valentine's Day and the romantic name of Loveland, Colorado."
- The Love and Kisses campaign (offering sweepstakes and other sweet somethings) sponsored by USPS and Hershey (commemorating the 100th anniversary of Hershey's Kisses)
- Valentine's Day history and facts, courtesy of Crew's Nest Holidays (which provided the image, above right) and History.com.
- Love-themed libations, such as those tagged "bride," "honey," "kiss," "lip," "love," "romance," "sex," "sweet," "Valentine," and "wedding" at DrinkNation.com.
- How to write a love letter.
- Many lovers get married on Valetine's Day (and other holidays), but divorce divas say, "don't do that." (If the relationship sours, the holiday will forever serve as a painful reminder). On the flip side, many vengeful spouses also file or serve divorce papers on Valentine's Day.
- Why, on holidays, it's better receive than to give engagement rings.
I'd be insulted if anyone ever sang or dedicated either of these popular songs to me:
I don't want clever conversation
I don't want to work that hard.
I just want someone to talk to
I want you just the way you are.
Your looks are laughable, unphotographable.
Yet, you're my favorite work of art.
Is your figure less than Greek ?
Is your mouth a little weak ?
When you open it to speak, are you smart ?
But don't change a hair for me, not if you care for me.
I love you for listening! SWAK