Today's regularly scheduled shows on New York Radio WVOX AM 1460 will air Thursday, July 27, to accommodate special programming at the station. Please join me tomorrow, when I host SCORE Radio and the Lisa Tolliver Show back to back from 1:00 to 2:00 pm, Eastern Time. The Westchester Emergency Volunteer Reserves - Medical Reserve Corps (WEVR-MRC) will also release the latest Emergency Preparedness & Safety Tip on tomorrow's Lisa Tolliver Show.
In the 70's and mid-80's, most people met in person. The common social icebreaker was, "What's your sign?" To stay in touch, people exchanged telephone phone numbers, addresses and business cards. In the late-80's and 90's, folks began finding it fashionable to connect online. Interested parties exchanged photographs, URLs (what's this? links, resources) and mobile numbers. In this new millennium, phenomena like online social networking (what's this? links, links, links, links), blogs (what's this? links, links, links, links, links, links, resources) and "What's your blogging personality?"
Here's the playlist for tomorrow's broadcasts about the blogosphere:
1:00-1:30 pm, Eastern Time - SCORE Radio: Counselors to America's Small Business.
- TOPICS: Blogging - what is it? Trends, tips and key tools, including Feedburner and social networking applications, and how they are beneficial. New developments at Feedburner (seems there's always something new and exciting happening over there).
- ABOUT SCORE RADIO: The show is sponsored by SCORE Chapter 306 of White Plains, NY and hosted by a rotating team of volunteer business experts. The show is one of the outreach vehicles of SCORE: Counselors to America's Small Business, which is the volunteer division of the U.S. Small Business Administration. I have volunteered with SCORE since 2000. My SCORE profile is at www.score.org/volunteer_Tolliver.
1:20-2:00 pm, Eastern Time - the Lisa Tolliver Show.
- TOPICS: Why and how the blogathon works. Blogging for dollars. Individual and group blogging. Creative ways that people participate. How Feedburner and other tools can help.
- ABOUT the LISA TOLLIVER SHOW: The show's "four eyed" mission is to inform, instruct, intrigue and inspire listeners about what's happening in the worlds of non-profits and current affairs.
How to hear and share, from anywhere:
- TUNE YOUR RADIO to WVOX AM 1460
- LISTEN LIVE ONLINE at www.wvox.com