Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Miss New York and VH1 have cast another net; viewers are invited to pitch in



"They can't be serious," I thought, when I first saw VH1's I Love New York, Season 2 casting call scroll across my TV screen. I was flipping back and forth between Flavor of Love Girls: Charm School and Bravo TV at the time.

By "they," I meant both VH1 and Miss Tiffany "New York" Pollard/Patterson. After all, look at what happened at the I Love New York 1 reunion and what Miss New York said about it.

But they were. Serious that is.

In fact, here's the I Love New York 2 casting notice, verbatim:


HEY MY FELLOW SEXY SINGLE MEN. YES IT’S OFFICIAL I’M CASTING SEASON 2 OF “I LOVE NEW YORK”. I’M CASTING ALL TYPES AND ETHNIC BACKGROUNDS. MY BREAKDOWN IS THIS AND PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT UNLESS YOU FIT THE BREAKDOWN AND FOLLOW SUBMISSION
GUIDELINES.


STRAIGHT MEN AGES-21 TO 36
ALL RACES:
EXTREME PERSONALITIES:

Tiffany / Miss New York won't be a June bride (this year, at least), but she and VH1's I Love New York 2 suits and crew will be busy this July. Viewers are invited to pitch in, too, by helping to select five cast members.

Any sincerity professed by I Love New York 2 participatants would be as fishy as that of Tango on I Love New York 1, of Hoopz on The Flavor of Love 1 or of Flavor Flav to any of the Flavor of Love contestants who thought he was really looking for love in seasons 1 and 2.###