This badge is only one of several goodies guests got by participating in PodCamp City Online.
Ya know those souvenirs that read: "I went to... and all I got was this lousy..."? Well, I went, er telecommuted, to PodCamp City Online on Saturday and all the not-so-lousy benefits I got included:
- An opportunity to help make history: In all the BarCamps, in all the unconferences, in all the world, PodCamp City Online 2007 was the first-ever virtual podcamp.
- A day filled with "four-eyed" sessions: that informed, instructed, intrigued and inspired.
- Lots of "two-eyed" content: most sessions were interactive and delightfully infectious (read: viral).
- An outstanding networking experience: With some people whom I met at PodCamp NYC (hey, Ava B., Bruce C. and Tammy-the-original Army Wife and NewMediaDiva!), some of whom I know outside of the podosphere (hey, Steve Plaushin and Patricia Burgess!), and many others whose acquaintance I was glad to make (pleased to meetcha, online podcampers!)
- Lisa-Lisa Simpson(ized). Bruce C. Simpsonized me and all the other PodCamp City Online speakers after my session. Why not Simpsonize yo-self?
If you missed the summer (pod)camp online, don't have a cow, dude. PodCamp City Online's organizers say, "Recordings of presentations are currently being processed and we will have them ready for download within the week." Moreover, they "plan on having the next Podcamp City Online in 6 to 8 months."