1. WHEN IS IT? - July 28, 2007 from 9:00 AM – 9:30 P.M., Eastern Time.
2. WHERE IS IT? - PodCamp City Online is, well, online. You can register access information and participate at the PodCamp City Online wiki. NOTE: webcam owners who intend to participate in the underwear should first read: WHAT HAPPENS AT PODCAMP STAYS AT PODCAMP, SORT OF.)
3. WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE? Anyone interested in podcasting, from beginners to experts, from tire-kickers to techno-geeks. In particular, I invite members and friends of The Field and SCORE: Counselors to America's Small Business who have something to say, show, sell or learn – that means YOU! - to participate in sessions we are hosting.
4. WHAT ARE PODCASTS? Anyone who asks really should attend PodCamp City Online! Good defnitions are available at Yahoo! Podcasts and at Podcast –Wikipedia.
5. WHAT IS A PODCAMP? – PodCamp.pbwiki.com states:
A PodCamp is a FREE BarCamp-style community UnConference for podcasters and listeners, bloggers and readers, and anyone interested in New Media. The first PodCamp was held September 8-10, 2006 in Boston, Massachusetts. PodCamps are now being held worldwide.
6. WHAT HAPPENS AT PODCAMPS? PodCamps (in New Media parlance) are “meet-ups” by the pod-people, for the pod-people, where everyone from tire-kickers to techno-geeks participate in panel discussions, seminars, demonstrations, chat fests, and meet-and-greets. Most live sessions are interactive.
7. WHAT CAN PERFORMING ARTISTS LEARN AT PodCamp City Online? Come learn how podcasting can promote you and your work, build and engage stakeholders, raise funds, and sell tickets and wares. (Yep, there can be gold in them thar podcasting hills.)
8. WHAT IS THE PodCamp City Online ITINERARY? You can access scheduled sessions and add new sessions at the PodCamp City Online wiki. Learn about how to participate in The Field’s sessions below.
9. WHAT IS THE FIELD DOING FOR PodCamp City Online?
- Hosting Sessions and Artist Showcases: The Field’s Membership Director Patricia Burgess and member/multimedia artist Lisa Tolliver have “pitched tents” to host interviews, case studies, and show-and-tell sessions with members and friends of The Field. They invite you to join them.
- Transforming The Field’s members into pod-people. Lisa Tolliver offers seminars on Harnessing the Power of the World-Wide Web and on The Power of Pocdcasting. She can also help create your pod-presence before (and after) PodCamp City Online. She is offering special rates for The Field’s members. Contact her at ltolliver AT 360meridian.com.
10. HOW CAN MEMBERS AND FRIENDS OF THE FIELD PARTICIPATE IN PodCamp City Online?
- Be a voyeur and voyear: watch and listen.
- Be an active audience member: ask questions, get answers, get noticed, and network.
- Be a session leader.
- Be featured in a case study, interview or feedback session.
- All of the above!
11. HOW CAN ONE GET FEATURED IN THE FIELD’S PodCamp City Online SESSIONS?
Send an email to patricia AT thefield DOT org and copy ltolliver AT 360meridian DOT com.
- Include PodCamp City Online in the Subject Line.
- Provide the following information:
.Your name, phone number and email address.
.Your company/tour name and website.
.Brief description of your goals for the session (e.g., to get advice on how podcasting can help you, to obtain feedback and pointers for your podcast, to participate in a meet the artist interview, other – please specify).
.URLs to relevant home page(S), blog(s), podcast(s),
press kit(s), reviews, etc.
.URLs to media you’d like to include in the
session, e.g., photographs, videos, audio files.
.The title of your podcast site, if you own one or want to create one.
.Your preferred time to participate.
- After reviewing your materials, we’ll contact you to schedule your session and to discuss any other relevant, open items.
12. WHERE DO I REGISTER/LEARN MORE/CHECK IN? Visit the PodCamp City Online wiki.
13. WHAT HAPPENS AT PODCAMP STAYS AT PODCAMP, SORT OF. - - All PodCamp City Online sessions will be archived to permit on-demand access, in perpetuity, to the world, free of charge. They’ll be accessible at the PodCamp City Online wiki.