Blogging 24+ Ways to Make a Difference - LOCAL OPPORTUNITIES @ Cabrini Immigrant Services is part of a series entitled: "Blogging 24+ ways to make a difference on Make A Difference Day and year-round." The local and international volunteer opportunities included in this series were compiled by:
Shannon Cobb, Deputy Director, The Volunteer Center of United W ay
280 N. Central Avenue, Hartsdale, NY10530, USA
TEL (01) 914-227-9313 / FAX (01) 914-948-3032
- Agency Name: Cabrini Immigrant Services
- Agency Address: 21 Cedar Street, Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522 USA
- Mission: Provide broad based essential services to immigrants, refugees, asylees and other newcomers in the Rivertowns of Westchester County.
- Contact Name: Provide broad based essential services to immigrants, refugees, asylees and other newcomers in the Rivertowns of Westchester County.
- Contact Title: English Language Coordinator
- Contact Email: mmcgowan1 AT aol DOT com
- Contact Phone: (01) 914-674-1937
- Web Site: www.cabrinifoundation.org/
Job(s) Listed By Above Agency:
1) Job Title: Youth VolunteerTutor
2) Job Title: ESL Tutor
- Job Location: Dobbs Ferry
- Job Description: Work one-on-one with someone learning English as a second language. Teach, support and guide someone as they learn English. Training is provided. Volunteers are recruited throughout the year. Work hours are flexible.
- Minimum Age for Volunteer: 14
- Minimum Age for youth accompanied by a parent or chaperone: 14
- Other Qualifications:
- Training Provided:
- Time Range of Job: Ongoing
- Days Available: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Times Available: All, Morning, Afternoon, Evening ###