Today is Make A Difference Day 2006. America's largest day of doing good occurs annually on the fourth Saturday in October.
"Blogging 24+ ways to make a difference on Make A Difference Day and year-round" is a collaborative project by Shannon Cobb (Deputy Director - The Volunteer Center of United Way), Marianne Partridge (Program Manager - Westchester Emergency Volunteer Reserves-Medical Reserve Corps) and Lisa Tolliver (Producer/Host - the Lisa Tolliver Show and Principal - 360 MERIDIAN, LLC). The project's "four-eyed" mission: to inform, instruct, intrigue and inspire citizens to get involved to save and improve lives on Make a Difference Day and year-round.
NOTE: In addition to this Make A Difference Day blogging project, Marianne and Lisa collaborate to publicize Emergency Preparedness & Safety Tips from WEVR-MRC on the Lisa Tolliver Show and online. [Suscribe]
Meet the project team:
- Shannon Cobb at WVOX after broadcasting on the Lisa Tolliver Show on October 25, 2006 (taken by Lisa Tolliver) ,
- Marianne Partridge with Fire Captain Bobby Benz at WVOX after broadcasting on the Lisa Tolliver Show on October 11, 2006 (taken by Lisa Tolliver),
- Lisa Tolliver at the 2006 Shinnecock Festival in Southampton (taken by T.K.A.):
These are the components of Blog 24+ Ways to Make A Difference Ideas on Make A Difference Day and Year-Round:
- October 1 - blog post: Lisa Tolliver On Air and Online: What Difference Do YOU Make?
- October 25 - Lisa Tolliver Show broadcast on New York Radio WVOX 1460 AM entitled: "Volunteer Opportunities on Make a Difference on Make a Difference Day and Year-Round. "
- October 28 - publication of local and international volunteer opportunities compiled by Shannon Cobb at the Volunteer Center of United Way. You can access them at Lisa Tolliver On Air and Online, and at the end of the day, at Blogcritics Writer: Lisa Tolliver (where readers will be encouraged to share their ideas, volunteer experiences and feedback).