Blogging 24+ Ways to Make a Difference - LOCAL OPPORTUNITIES @ CLUSTER, Inc.-Youth &Family Svcs./After-School Program is part of a series entitled: "Blogging 24+ ways to make a difference on Make A Difference Day and year-round." The local and international volunteer opportunities included in this series were compiled by:
Shannon Cobb, Deputy Director, The Volunteer Center of United W ay
280 N. Central Avenue, Hartsdale, NY10530, USA
TEL (01) 914-227-9313 / FAX (01) 914-948-3032
- Agency Name: CLUSTER, Inc.-Youth &Family Svcs./After-School Program
- Agency Address: 20 South Broadway, Room 501, Yonkers, NY 10702 USA
- Mission: The mission of "Congregations Linked in Urban Strategy to Effect Renewal" (CLUSTER) is to provide services and programs that will assist individuals and families in Yonkers, and other parts of Westechester County, to build a better future for themselves and their communities.
- Contact Name: Lutonya Russell-Humes
- Contact Title: Program Coordinator
- Contact Email: LHumes AT clusterinc DOT org
- Contact Phone: 914-963-6440 x. 234
- Web Site: www.clusterinc.com
1). Job Title: Yoga instructor
Job Location: Yonkers
Job Description: Our program is in need of a volunteer yoga instructor who will work with a small group of young children in the after-school hours. We would like the children to learn the basics of yoga: to focus on stretching and breathing techniques to center and calm down during stress. Our mission is to provide a safe haven in which children can learn through a variety of activities that will enrich them mentally and physically.
Minimum Age for Volunteer: 18
Minimum Age for youth accompanied by a parent or chaperone: 18
Other Qualifications: Must have experience working with young children. A great candidate for this position will be able to motivated our students' by being very supportive.
Time Range of Job: 5 months to 1 year
Days Available: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Times Available: Afternoon
Job(s) Listed By Above Agency:
1) Job Title: Yoga Instructor