Blogging 24+ Ways to Make a Difference - LOCAL OPPORTUNITIES @ AARP - Tax Aide Program is part of a series entitled: "Blogging 24+ ways to make a difference on Make A Difference Day and year-round." The local and international volunteer opportunities included in this series were compiled by:
Shannon Cobb, Deputy Director, The Volunteer Center of United W ay
280 N. Central Avenue, Hartsdale, NY 10530 USA
TEL (01) 914-227-9313 / FAX (01) 91 4-948-3032
Agency and Contact Information:
- Agency Name: AARP - Tax Aide Program
- Agency Address: 1055 Pleasantville Road, Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510
- Mission: The nation's largest, free, volunteer-run tax preparation service, the program serves low and middle income taxpayers, with special attention to those age 60 and older.
- Contact Name: Fred Westendorf
- Contact Title: Volunteer District Coordinator
- Contact Email: fcw AT alum DOT mit DOT edu
- Contact Phone: (01) 914-762-4791
- Web Site: www.aarp.org.80/taxaide/home
Job(s) Listed By Above Agency:
- Job Title: AARP Tax-Aide Southern Westchester
- Job Location: New Rochelle
- Job Description: An AARP Tax-Aide Counselor provides free income tax form preparation and answers tax questions one day a week durng the February to April tax filing period. This is a great opportuity to help low-to-middle-income and older taxpayers in your community. Successful Counselors enjoy meeting and working with people, are detail-oriented, and have good reading & math skills. Experience with taxes desirable but not required. The Counselor will receive approximately one week's tax training in January, and will need to pass the IRS take-home exam.
- Minimum Age for Volunteer: 18
- Minimum Age for youth accompanied by a parent or chaperone: 18
- Other Qualifications: Successful Counselors enjoy meeting and working with people, are detail-oriented, and have good reading & math skills. Experience with taxes desirable but not required.
- Training Provided: You will receive approximately one week's tax training in January, and will need to pass the IRS take-home exam.
- Time Range of Job: 1 week to 4 months
- Days Available: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Times Available: Morning, Afternoon ###